Tuesday, August 19, 2008





Well, my girls are on their way home soon! Yea!!! They were upgraded to excellent this morning, and according to Foothills, graduated, and have been transferred to Peter Lougheed, where babies tend to spend a few days to a week or two then sent home. Sara is ready to go home any day, and Sophia still has another week ahead of her, but the hospital is more than happy to keep them together until Sophia is ready. Foothills was not willing to do this and I feel better knowing I don't have to separate them! I am so anxious to bring them home, and together! They have both had all tubes and iv's removed as of today! They are gaining weight every day, and filling out slowly, but look amazing! Sara was so mad today because she didn't get to eat as fast as she wanted and we got to see that temper!!! LOL!

After a brief checkup yesterday, I found out my incision was not infected, thank God, but I am retaining blood underneath which hopefully will disappear soon enough. I feel pretty good and am recovering nicely, thank God! This pumping business can get tiring...sigh...but is fine, as I know my babies are getting what they need.

6 comments:

Rachel R said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you every day. I can't imagine the feeling of not having your babies home with you... but at least you know they are getting the care they need for the time being.

Enjoying all the pictures. Looks like the baby on the left (first pic) is getting some cheeks on her! Too cute... ;o) They're both beautiful!

Love, Rachel

j.elle said...

Amy,
I haven't been on you blog in ages and just saw your beautiful twins!
Congratulations! They are both beautiful!
Hope all is well!

Misty Hamel said...

Wow and Wow! I am so glad you had two healthy babys!

MissionsAngel said...

Congratulations Amy and Charles! Those girls are too cute! God has his hand on them and I am so excited for you all! Miss you all so much-wish I could be there to see your two newest additions! God Bless! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus! Amy that is great news and soon they will be home. Look what the Lord has done. How much do they weigh now.

Jessica deLeeuw said...

Awww.. AMES!!! I cant wait to see them! I just checked your blog today... and love the pictures! God bless.. you are in our prayers. Love you!