Sunday, August 10, 2008

The St. Pierre twins have arrived!

We welcomed our precious baby girls on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 8:15 pm in the Foothills Medical Centre. Sophia Annika Reine was born first, weighing in at 3 pounds 10 ounces, and 16 inches long. Her APGAR score was 9 out of 10, the best that a baby can get. Sara Ella Elayna came 30 seconds later, weighing in at 3 pounds 13 ounces, and 16.5 inches long. Her APGAR score was also 9 out of 10, and we are thanking God for His hand on them! They must be able to do three things before they are discharged from the hospital-breathe on their own, maintain their own body temperature, and be able to feed consistently either nursing or bottle. I am of course nursing, so they have been giving them my milk by tubes for now, but we are attempting slowly to introduce the way God intended!!! Both girls can breathe on their own, and are quite quickly catching onto the body temperature thing. Sophia still has apnea spells, where she forgets to breathe and has to be mildly stimulated. This I have been assured is normal and she will grow out of this...in Jesus Name soon! We still need all of your prayers and love you all! We have a great family, church and otherwise, and we could not go through this without you! I will post pictures hopefully later today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congrats, mama. I can't wait to see pics of the girlies. Give them both a hug and kiss for me...

Hugs,

April

tammymain said...

congrats!!! so excited for you... can't wait to meet them :) Love Ya!

Rachel R said...

Amy! Congrats to you and Charles :o) The girls are beautiful! And I love the names you chose. I'll be praying you can take Sara and Sophia home soon. Maybe I will be able to meet them after all when I come to Alberta!

Much love
Rachel

whispers of a purple willow tree said...

aimers!!!! i am so overjoyed when your mom called me i almost started bawling! i am so so so proud of you and so happy you have your little miracles. cant wait to meet them. now the waiting continues for me....couldnt i borrow one of yours till mine comes? seeing as you have 2 and all HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH jk:)
love you sooooooooo much!!!!
xoxoxoxooxo